As an English student it is important to practise your listening everyday in order to improve your understanding and also your vocabulary.
Nowadays, we have more resources which are easy to use in our daily life.
An example of this are PODCASTs, which are similar to radio or TV shows, that are produced by professionals or amateurs and are posted to the Internet to be downloaded and listened to or viewed. Many podcasts are available for free!
You do not have to have an iPod to listen to a podcast; you can listen to podcasts on anything that plays MP3s.
With podcasts you don’t have to wait to hear something that interests you – you choose what you want to listen to. There are now thousands of podcasts and the number is growing rapidly.
Here are some Podcasts that could be useful for your English learning!!
1. 6 minute English. Learn new phrases about a variety of topics. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/6min
2. The English we speak. Short podcasts about real English phrases. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/tae
3. Listen to English. Short podcasts that will help you to improve your English.http://www.listen-to-english.com
4. Splendid Speaking. A recording of non-native speakers and an expert feedback on the speakers’ performance. http://www.splendid-speaking.com/extras/english_speaking_practice.html
5. Click. If you are interested in the latest digital technology.http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/digitalp
6. Better at English. Real conversations with native speakers.http://www.betteratenglish.com/be-episode-archives
7. Forum. For practising short presentations.http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/forum
8. Desert Island Discs. Interviews with famous and successful people. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/did
9. Luke’s English Podcast. If you want to laugh while you learn.http://teacherluke.co.uk
10.English at Work. Office-based about life in an office. Suitable for Intermediate learners. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/eaw
Podcast are a fantastic way for learners to improve their understanding of spoken English!!
Simplifies text: http://rewordify.com/
- Review irregular verbs – https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/verbs/irregular-verbs
- Review present perfect simple versus past simple – https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/simpas-preper AND http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/verbs5.htm
- Review zero, first, second and third conditional – http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/conditionals.html
- Review future forms – http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/grammar-vocabulary/grammar-videos/future-forms